CONFIDENTIALITY AND USE OF DATA AGREEMENT
The purpose of this document is to protect both the privacy and interests of residents in the Balmain State Electorate, New South Wales (NSW), paid and volunteer team members, and the reputation of the NSW Greens.
All information whatsoever (verbal, written or otherwise) that comes through or originates from any NSW Greens office or its associated campaigns is covered by this agreement.
- Information obtained through telephone contact, doorknocking, databases or any other means is to be kept strictly confidential and not inappropriately shared, released, exported or removed (electronically or manually) from the system in which it is being used.
- Data should only be used for campaign purposes and not used inappropriately or for personal use.
- All physical copies of data must be tracked and accounted for during use, and securely destroyed (shredded) after use either locally or at state office.
- Logins for online systems shall not be shared.
- Data should not be inappropriately deleted.
- Personal information that is not relevant to the campaign should not be written on someone’s profile.
- All useful data should be recorded (where it doesn’t contravene point 2 above).
- The language used in recording information should be helpful, concise, and readable, and not using jargon.
Sanctions for a breach – disciplinary matters
- Any suspected breach of this agreement will be investigated by the state office and could result in temporary suspension of login while this investigation is being carried out.
- All signing this agreement acknowledge that failure to comply with it may lead to disciplinary action, including dismissal or cessation of involvement in a project.
- I acknowledge that if any information from the electoral roll is used for any purpose other than campaigning (e.g. personal or commercial) I could be subject to a significant fine or jail term under the relevant state and federal legislation.
- I acknowledge that privacy and data security is everybody's responsibility. I undertake to notify the National or State office immediately should I become aware of any data security or privacy concerns.
- All signing this agreement acknowledge that if any information from the electoral roll (information from which has been inputted into our databases by the NSW Greens) is used for any purpose other than campaigning (e.g. personal or commercial) I could be subject to a significant fine or jail term under the Electoral Act 2017 (EA) and the Personal Information and Privacy Act 1998.
Duration of agreement
- The undertakings in this agreement remain in force after the termination or expiry of involvement with NSW Greens campaigns.